October 7

For once this is by me...

First I got an errand done for my husband, and in the process finally found a restaurant we'd been looking for! to enjoy quite possibly this coming weekend.

Then I browsed at a large bookshop and found a favorite magazine long on my wish list, plus a beautiful little book of poetry, the Everyman's Library (AKA Every Person's per my husband) anthology The Four Seasons of poetry on each season.



Then, very appropriately, at my next stop of a coffee shop I had a delicious autumnal coffee drink and read poetry about autumn. There I also got a pound of our favorite coffee…

And then walked home -- all of this was walking, mind you, so I even felt fabulous for that. The rest of the morning I studied for an upcoming exam and did some writing. Then after lunch some lovely basic dishes we'd ordered for our new home arrived via our longsuffering UPS man. After some more study I unpacked and washed them, just in time for my husband to arrive home from work and tell me some good news about a house we're hoping to buy (our first!).

In the evening we had a delicious one-dish vegetable and tuna dish with some lovely rolls, with chocolate and fresh berries for dessert. Afterwards we watched an episode of Agatha Christie's Tommy and Tuppence-- I loved the books and adore the BBC series as well. What wonderful costumes especially for the ladies!



What a fun day! We're in a new place and I am so enjoying myself.