April 28

Today a guest post about A Beautiful Day, from my mom, who very well may be the most clever person at the world at planning beautiful days...


I finally got around to requesting the book by Susan Wittig Albert concerning Beatrix Potter, and found our library had several. They're fun, Susan Wittig Albert writes well, makes it a pleasant read. I don't read mysteries, but these are different -- I know I would have enjoyed knowing her in person!

My agenda today is cleaning the sunporch, taking upstairs our lovely bed linens (gifts from you and your husband :)) and exchanging for another set. When I'm done I hope to have time to just sit and enjoy, either the clean sunporch, or the seat on our front porch and read some more of my book.

Yesterday was FULL, 2 hours cleaning up the bed behind the stone bench and Rose of Sharon bushes, making a pot of chili, 4 hours at the museum gardens. Tired! But today will be more relaxed, not strenuous.

And tomorrow sounds like a grand day. I'm finally going to go to the nearby herb meeting at the Botanical Garden, the theme is fun-sounding, about the start of the herb garden there. They always have such nice hors d'oeu'vres, good programs, and the friends there are great (they love gardening, and there's something special about those people :)). Then at 1 I have an appointment with the owner of my favorite consignment shop, Change of Seasons, she's going to have her hubby take charge for an hour of the shop while she and I go to a restaurant or somewhere to discuss the style show she's going to put on in June at the museum during the 'Living Large on a Tight Budget' tea I'm organizing. Then I'll do laundry, before going to the class I'm taking in the evening. All lovely times with friends and no work. Don't you love a day like that :).

And for future pleasure, I signed up for a trip to  "The Big House, a 32 room mansion of Pulitzer Prize winning author Louis Bromfield, and another tour of this vast working farm, which is the largest environmental education destination in Ohio." Doesn't that sound like a perfect day!


There's more about the fabulous Beatrix Potter mysteries by Susan Wittig Albert at http://www.cottagetales.com/index.shtml .