July 20

A guest post from a friend about several beautiful days for several people...

My sister just emailed me this evening and said our sister made it to the airport just fine, and was able to upgrade her ticket to first-class, she has a couple hours yet before she's back, and I'm so glad to hear she was that comfortable instead of being in a tiny seat for 12 hours.

We had a grand time taking yet another trip on Friday: We traveled to my brother's, and we all went to where our daddy grew up. We parked across from the home. As I gazed at the house I tried to imagine which room might have been his bedroom, looked at the old barn in the back knowing it very, very likely was where he helped his big brothers and father when they took care of any animals they had, or stored grain, etc. The old stone porch where they had multiple pictures taken had sometime been enclosed with windows, but you can still see the rock foundations from 'way back in the early 1900s.

Back at my brother's, we had supper then walked down to the harbor and watched the sun set over the bay, then walked out to the lighthouse and heard the foghorn.

Saturday was so nice too! We went to the wonderful herb festival held once a year at the herb farm I've visited before. Then we visited some friends, and even the drive there was charming, going through several villages and a college town, and the entire trip was past charming Victorian homes and cottages or pastoral fields.

We saw my brother's precious 6-month-old grandson. He's a gentle contented little fellow, with a smile that melts your heart, and they are great parents. You could tell he feels completely loved and cared for. We were helping them clean up a large detached garage and get all the items cleaned up and ready for the garage sale to happen next week. But even helping all day was fun and we got lots done. They love gardening, she grew up in Oregon on a family farm, now her husband and she can raise lots.

Must get to bed, my husband and I even did one more thing during the afternoon hours, finished a 500-piece puzzle! It was the kind he and I like, and once we got started we went back after our supper to work 'just a bit longer' and you know how that is. I believe we will sleep ever so well tonight, we've exercised body and mind :).


It's national Hotdog Day, for those who actually like them!