September 1

The morrow was a bright September morn;
The earth was beautiful as if newborn;
There was that nameless splendor everywhere,
That wild exhileration in the air,
Which makes the passers in the city streets
Congratulate each other as they meet.
    - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Happy September! How about browsing fall fashions and enjoying The September Issue movie today or soonish?! Since I was an editor-in-chief of several (much much much less cool) magazines, I find this a very fun film...


...And speaking of fashions?! Tarzan's creator Edgar Rice Burroughs was born today in 1875!
from the interesting-looking site http://melodom.blogspot.com/2011/01/new-tarzan-of-apes.html ; I'd like to see that Official Ape-English Dictionary!



I just (finally!) discovered a 1962 book that's been re-released in a fun, nostalgic facsimile edition that caters to my love of day-to-day ideas: Betty Crocker's Cooking Calendar. Its September entry suggests that one try canning or similar -- I would like to do some relish or something, though I don't think I'm going to try to actually can but freeze or make such a small batch it'd just refrigerate and maybe gift a bit... I'm sure I'm going to enjoy this book, and at the moment it's available for just $2.50 or so brand-new at Amazon! http://www.amazon.com/Betty-Crockers-Cooking-Calendar-Crocker/dp/0470419636

September is...
National Be Kind to Writers and Editors Month !