July 7

(From the same dear friend who's guest-posted a few times -- but I think it's high time to announce that this dear friend is my dear mom!!)

The birds are singing to me outside our window this morning, and cool breezes are moving the curtains as I think of you all. This will be a pleasant day at home with my husband. Gardening filled yesterday's hours, mostly at the museum. Several were there at a working meeting and the outer edges of our gardens got an extra bit of attention, looks good!

My husband and I are enjoying our new bikes, yesterday morning we rode for more than an hour. It's so nice to see him in front, a guy who takes tender care of me, and makes me smile ever so much, and now we're enjoying fun breaks together in yet another way. When we shopped, we chose the kind of bikes we grew up with, foot brakes and no gears, they're rather snazzy I think :).

(not an accurate picture, I'm sure! from The Graphics Fairy's collection of vintage bike pictures)

I thoroughly enjoyed being a part of my son's busy Saturday this past week when he rode on a bike course that benefits MS. He did the same last year, and again rode the 100 miles, well and with good time. I was 'in' on how he helped several of the riders from his workplace ready their bike tire inflation levels, adjust seats, etc of novice riders who'd not tried this distance before....

I look forward with delight to the coming weekend when several of we siblings are traveling to another state to attend a family reunion once again with a sister's family there. It's always so fun! I missed it last year while my husband was being so well taken care of in the hospital, but another sister got to attend :). And speaking of her, this summer I'm so blessed to be looking forward to spending days in another state with her, and of course, our grandchildren! I can hardly wait!!!!! We're discussing what we'd perhaps enjoy there, but the best-est part will be who I'll be with.


Today is the "traditional" birthday of Dr. John H. Watson, Sherlock Holmes' friend, in 1852! There's an interesting site about the original illustrations for this in Strand magazine: http://www.arthes.com/holmes/ . By the way, especially if you don't already have a copy of these stories etc, it's really fun to have a collection that is a facsimile of the original publications.



It's national Strawberry Sundae Day!