June 4

Another guest post, from the same dear friend...

My son just stopped by after taking his grandson home, who probably loved the trip because Papaw took him home on his motorcycle. He had helped Papaw as he planted several vegetables, and got the front beds cleaned, and planted 2 butterfly bushes, and the wild flower seed mix he's been wanting to put in for a long time.

I have loved 3 days of sunny skies. Worked very long and hard on Friday and got lots done, looks so nice as I've finally gotten the coral bells back in on the north side, lifted and amended those beds by the back door, and also planted 2 kinds of flowers that can't survive our winters, elephant ears and cannas. And now I'm hoping that tomorrow's predictions of 80% rain doesn't really make as much show as they are saying, 2 garden tours at herb members' homes is scheduled, starting at 6. My friends have worked SO hard getting their yards ready.

Yesterday I decided to go on to the class reunion when I usually see Mom's classmate. She couldn't travel here from down south this year, though, because her daughter has just had a surgery to treat a cancer. She has been cancer free for some time and coped with this with verve and courage. She's quite a gal also, and this surgery has once again been successful. She just must stay at Mayo for a few more days, though. Mom's classmate told me that the other remaining classmate would be there again. He is living with his daughter just a couple hours away. So I decided to go, and had a wonderful time, had delightful conversations with them about growing herbs :), I have another nice memory!