May 2

I indeed am often blessed with most special surprises, and they always figure in old precious friends, and new also. Yesterday as I went to the nearby park with other seniors on the center's bus I found this so. As we arrived we saw an open carriage awaiting us and were pulled through a part of the park by 2 Belgian horses! We stopped after our ride to watch several kinds of birds feed just outside the windows of the visitor's center before walking down to enjoy a gourmet picnic sack lunch prepared by the talented chef of a care center. The ladies told us she has a culinary degree, and had a ball preparing these: individual pasta salads, bowls of fresh fruit, a croissant sandwiches (I chose chicken salad), and pound cake cupcakes. They were so delicious. And guess what...I talked to a lady who is very, very interested in joining us at the museum garden regularly...you can imagine my delight in that! : )

I just talked this evening with a young lady that a museum director suggested as a great resource person to help me decorate the tables for the May tea. The owner of a newish hat shop (who was in the shop I believe where you bought a purse, and that also sells beads) -- she will present a show about her hats. That great hat a friend wore to our gourmet luncheon of tea ladies, that was her creation I believe. Anyway, a friend suggested going with the Kentucky Derby connection to hats. Another friend is going to bring some of her great collections of realistic horse figures, and I asked her to bring one of her trophies from barrel racing that horse show riders win, for the serving table maybe. I'm so glad to have her help :). Doesn't that sound perfect!

AND I was at the gourmet chef's garden this morning when her garden club held its plant sale! I found some of the plants that were on the list from 4 of us for the museum garden. And it was fun to get to see what her garden is growing already. I look forward to seeing it not long from now, will pick a perfect mild sunny day. Her group has bought a block of 25 tickets for the August herb tea so I'll enjoy talking more with them.  Hope our garden looks perfect, with the rains and sunshine, and our efforts that day.